Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Easy Does It


I love my Ergo carrier (I bought it when Laddie was born, and have used it with him and Scout), but I do not love my babies' proclivity to chew on the shoulder straps. This is not a unique problem, as even a brief search for "Ergo teething/drool pads" will show! Tired of either washing my carrier too often (not good for longevity) or having dried slobber (or even spit up... yuck) all over the straps, I decided to make a pair of my own.




I traced the outline of the strap onto some paper, added some seam allowance, and got to work. Using some scraps of Scout's crib sheet/changing pad cover fabric, plus an unused terry washcloth as the backing, I stitched up a quick set of strap protectors. 




These were so simple that I'm wondering why I didn't try this sooner! There are some free patterns available should you need one, but I was happier with my self-drafted version. Now when they got soiled, it's a simple matter of unsnapping the pads and throwing them in the wash.

Sometimes, easy does it best!


2 comments:

  1. It’s nice to see you posting again, Shannon! I always enjoy oohing and ahhing over your projects. And I’m impressed that you are still sewing so much! My productivity in that area has for sure taken a nosedive with four kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    Thanks for the kind words! I can definitely relate -- four little kids and extreme productivity in the craft department don't seem to go hand-in-hand. ;-) A bit ironic that the more people I have to sew for, the less time I seem to have to sew... Knitting is a bit easier because it's so portable, but I'm not nearly as comfortable with it as I am with sewing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!